Agent Nateur, Beauty News
Why holi (bright) is being dubbed “botox in a jar” by the cosmetic industry
The holi (bright) glass resurfacing mask that we developed, produced, and introduced earlier this year makes me incredibly proud. It was the biggest launch we’ve ever had, and people are still buying numerous jars at once because it was so successful. The responses from all over the world have been quite astounding!
I am confident in its effectiveness because it is the one item that completely changed the way I take care of my skin. Since I have tried and tested almost every product available, I actually quit using retinol and p50 in June of last year since this mask is so great and the effects are so dramatic.
This is absurd, as anyone who knows me or follows me knows, as retinol and p50 have long been essential components of my skincare and anti-aging regimen.
People call it Botox in a jar, and they aren’t wrong. holi (bright) resurfaces your face in a deeply hydrating, calming, and soothing manner and just gives you this glow that I really don’t think you can get elsewhere. That’s because of the unique combination of aloe vera, french silk peptides, pitaya, hyaluronic acid, and cucumber, and vitamin c. It instantly calms any redness and also minimizes my pores while tightening, soothing and smoothing my skin at the same time.
I frequently get asked how to use it, so let’s dive into that.
First off, you must use the adorable little brush that it comes with to apply it after cleaning your face. Because applying the mask using a brush is such an essential step in the procedure, I use the brush to paint the mask onto my face. Next, apply it to your neck, chest, and wrists. Once you’ve done that, you can either leave this on for 15 minutes before heading into the next stage of your skincare routine or you can leave it overnight when your skin needs a little more attention. Leaving it on for the long haul allows it to sink in and get to work; in the morning, you can wash/cleanse it off.
One of the secret ingredients in this glass resurfacing mask is the french silk peptides. They absorb moisture deep into the skin and totally overhaul your skin tone, giving it the most unique and amazing glass, smooth silk-like feel, as well as working to reduce redness, inflammation, and irritation. The cool thing about peptides is that they also act as messengers – they actually communicate with your body to encourage it to produce more elastin and collagen, so this mask is both restorative and protective and doesn’t work just overnight it works on a deep cellular level. The French silk peptides are also anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antibacterial. Basically, a miracle ingredient!
Some of my other favorite ingredients in holi (bright) include:
- The purest aloe vera gel that hydrates moisturizes and replenishes the skin without ever feeling greasy or sticky;
- A high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid that is intensely hydrating, helping to actively pull moisture to the skin’s surface as well as holding up to 1000x its weight in water. The hyaluronic acid gives your complexion an instant glow thanks to the instant appearance of radiance, volume, and luminosity, while also stimulating and promoting collagen production for plumper skin;
- Packed with Vitamin C, the mask is also full of powerful antioxidants that brighten dull skin, strengthen skin tone, reduce the appearance of fine lines, redness, age spots, and sun spots, as well as providing extensive protection from environmental stressors – sun, pollution, AC and more;
- The Pitaya extract in the mask is a powerful source of nourishing antioxidants and youth-restoring vitamins that hydrate and protect the skin while strengthening the skin’s moisture barrier;
- The gentle extract of cucumber helps to soothe dehydrated skin (perfect for the summer months) as well as nourishing and re-hydrating, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- The cucumber extract works alongside the beetroot extract, which is loaded with a powerful cocktail of minerals and antioxidants, including Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, folate, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, and more.