Are you one of the many people who ache for healthy and glowing skin but want it the natural way? Your wish is our command! We believe in the goodness of baobab oil and all the wonders it can work for your skin. Applying baobab oil, you can have it all for your skin and we’ll tell you how.
It is a well-known fact that the skin needs moisture to remain healthy. Baobab oil instantly moisturises the skin and leaves it soft and supple by strengthening its natural lipid barrier. This is why you must consider using the oil to ensure your skin’s overall wellbeing.
Before we jot down the other amazing benefits of baobab oil, let us know what it exactly is and where it comes from?
What Is Baobab Oil?
As the name gives it away, baobab oil is obtained from the seeds of certain species of the baobab tree. These are unique trees that grow in some parts of the African continent, Madagascar and Australia. The oil extracted from the trees is enriched with vitamins and minerals including vitamin B, vitamin C, and Omega 3. Also, it has antioxidants that are good for your skin.
Baobab oil has been used as an active ingredient in beauty products for hundreds of years for its ability to revitalise your skin cells. The effectiveness of this oil lies in the strength of the product. Always choose a skincare product with a high concentration of baobab oil by percentage.
Properties of Baobab Oil
Baobab oil is infused with essential nutrients and minerals that provide you with various organic skincare benefits. It has amazing properties that make it applicable in a wide range of skincare products:
- Antioxidant: It protects the skin from free radical damage that can cause ageing
- Anti-inflammatory: High quantity of omega fatty acids can help get rid of dry and itchy skin
- Excellent moisturising benefits
- Promotes active wound healing
5 Benefits of Baobab Oil for Your Skin
Here are five amazing benefits of baobab oil that will completely blow your mind.
Promotes a Healthy Skin Barrier-
The outermost layer of your skin acts as the skin barrier that comes in contact with the rigours of the environment. It plays a vital role in keeping your skin hydrated and moisturised. Taking care of your skin’s barrier can go a long way in keeping your skin free from ageing signs and wrinkles. Some skin products might be harsh on your skin but baobab oil does the opposite. It has vitamin E, which is great for moisturising the skin.
Promotes Healthy Hair and Scalp-
Just like our skin, our hair needs moisture to remain healthy. Baobab oil’s moisturising properties also make it a great hair oil. In addition to moisturising your hair, it moisturises your scalp too and helps keep dry and flaky scalp at bay.
Boosts Collagen Production-
Collagen is the protein in your body that gives skin elasticity and strength. Over time, collagen production becomes slower and wrinkles and fine lines start to appear. It is important to take care of your skin with a proper diet and routine. Baobab oil is rich in antioxidants, which prevent collagen breakdown and promote collagen production in your skin to fight off the visible signs of ageing.
A Great Skin Cleanser-
Baobab oil can be an excellent choice for a skin cleanser. It is one of the most popular oil cleansers and helps soothe dry and irritated skin. Use it as a first step of your skincare ritual to break down clogged pores and remove excess pollution. You would not be disappointed by the results.
Reduces Sun Damage-
Harmful UV rays from the sun can cause a lot of damage to your skin. Baobab oil contains vitamin E which absorbs UV rays and reduces UV-induced free radical damage to your skin. You can add a few drops of baobab oil into your sunscreen for increased protection.
How to Use Baobab Oil
There is more than one way you can use baobab oil on your skin:
- Due to its skin-lightening properties, it is best to use Baobab oil during the daytime. However, you can use it even at night.
- For healthy hair, apply baobab oil directly to the scalp and along the lengths of your hair. You can even mix it with your shampoo to get effective results.
- For healthy skin, apply baobab oil to your face. You can replace your serum with baobab oil for better and healthier results.
- For chapped lips, apply a thin layer of baobab oil and leave it on overnight. In the morning, you will wake up with plump and smooth lips.
- For acne and pimples, apply a small amount of baobab oil to the affected area. This will help soothe inflammation and prevent discoloration of the skin.
LAMAV Brings You the Best Baobab Oil for Your Skin
The vitamin A repair oil is enriched with baobab seed oil and works to increase collagen production and cellular turnover. This nourishing oil is too quick to absorb in your skin and:
- Moisturises and improves the softness of the skin
- Corrects visible signs of ageing
- Promotes elasticity and firmness of the skin structure
- Fights against photo-ageing
Baobab oil comes from the seeds of the baobab tree a.k.a. The Tree of Life. It is an incredible oil filled with health benefits. Including baobab oil in your skincare can help you get rid of fine lines, acne, chapped lips, and brittle nails. Thus, it is one of the ideal solutions for all your skincare concerns.