Beauty News, Wilma
Yoni Eggs: What is it and how do you use it?
Yoni, which in ancient Indian Sanskrit language refers to a woman’s vagina, vulva, cervix, ovaries, and uterus, signifies “holy temple.”
Although we always refer to it anatomically using the correct terminology, we choose to use the word Yoni out of respect for this area. The Latin word vagina literally translates to “sheath for a sword.”
In light of this, we sincerely respect and accept the word’s ancient lineage as well as the significance it lends to the vagina, a woman’s most sacred region.
What is a Yoni Egg?
You may maintain the strength, health, and tone of your vagina by wearing a Yoni Egg, a stone in the shape of an egg. The pelvic floor muscles are toned by the stone, which aids with bladder control, lubrication, libido, and postpartum recovery.
How often do you wear a Yoni egg?
We suggest wearing a yoni egg three times a week for approximately 30 minutes to a few hours a day to receive the maximum impact.
What’s the history?
Yoni eggs are an ancient Chinese Taoist practice dating back 5000 years ago. The Queen and her concubines used a stone egg to maintain a youthful & fertile reproductive system and a tight vagina for the King – enhancing pleasure tenfold!
Should all women wear a Yoni egg?
The short answer is no. The Yoni egg kegel weight is designed for women who want to connect with their body and sexuality while also tone their pelvic floor. In this case it’s not ideal for women who:
- who experience pelvic floor tension or who have a hypertonic pelvic floor
- have vaginismus
- are pregnant (some women choose to wear it during pregnancy however this is an intuitive choice for their body)
- are menstruating. It’s best not to block the flow of blood.
- have a vaginal infection like thrush, UTI or bacterial vaginosis
How do I get my egg out?
The Yoni egg can’t get stuck or lost inside the vagina as it’s a one-way street, since the cervix (the doughnut-shaped neck of the vagina just before the uterus) is always closed. To remove the egg, simply pull on the string that you tie through the drilled hole or scoop out the egg using a finger. If you can’t get it out, you can also squat down in the shower, do a wee and insert your finger whilst you’re fully relaxed. It will always come out! You can always recruit a friend or a lover to assist
What can I do with my Yoni egg?
The Yoni egg practice is simple.
Basically, there are three ways to wear a Yoni egg:
- A daily 15-minute “Yoni Egg Yoga” session, otherwise known as performing a sequence of kegels (pelvic floor exercises).
- Putting in the Yoni egg and just moving around the home!
- Even if you don’t perform your kegels, the resistance created by the egg’s weight and gravity will aid your pelvic floor muscles (squeezes). Just be sure to cover it in case it falls out by wearing your underwear.
- Staying in while you sleep. Some ladies try to put the egg, and it just falls out!
This is quite normal, especially if you’ve given birth vaginally. If so, start by putting it in while you’re lying flat, sitting up, or sleeping. The muscles will start to remember and become accustomed to carrying a weight inside of them.
After only a few minutes of use (5 minutes), if your Yoni egg falls out, cup your hands over your vulva, take a few calm breaths, and ask your Yoni for permission to re-insert. Whatever you choose as your initial response is the right one, pay attention to her.
How frequently do I put wear my Yoni egg?
For best results, we advise using your Yoni egg every day or at least three times each week. When starting off, it seems a nice adventure taking on a 30-day challenge. You might not notice much of a difference in your pelvic floor, orgasm, sensitivity, etc. if you only use it once a week or once a month.
What size do I use?
Generally speaking, a medium size Yoni egg is ideal for the majority of vagina-owners, so to reduce confusion about sizes, we recommend most women to start with a medium size. However sometimes a “one-size” approach doesn’t fit everyone.
A small size is best for women who have never had sex or have a smaller-sized vagina. It’s also the best size for women wanting to advance their practice as the smaller shaped egg means the vagina has to contract more to hold it up, meaning more toning!
A large Yoni egg size is best for women who have given birth multiple times or want to feel a bigger/heavier weight internally, which can be more of a challenge to hold in.
What are the benefits?
Using Yoni eggs have loads of benefits, including:
● Increases connection with the Yoni (so many women are “cut off” from the waist down)
● Increases sensation during sex / self pleasure
● Revitalises nerve-endings in the vagina
● Improves overall life-force energy or “chi” in the body
● Boosts sexual energy levels and awakens the libido
● Helps train the vagina for childbirth and recover the muscles post-childbirth
● Increases wetness and lubrication (yes, yes, YES!)
● Helps to prevent prolapse whereby the pelvic organs collapse into the vagina due to atrophy and non-use.
● Relieves incontinence (weak bladder/accidentally peeing)
● Balances hormones by increasing blood flow to the area, which contribute to youthfulness
● Heightens orgasmic potential and able to access a variety of orgasms
● Helps to stay grounded in body and brings awareness to the Yoni, womb and entire pelvic band
● Improves overall health, happiness and wellness – physically and spiritually – as the Yoni egg focuses on the place in the body with the most Chi (life force energy).
How should I clean my egg?
Wash your Yoni Egg with chemical-free soap or essential oils both before and after use. The egg will be sterilised and any bacteria will be washed away using soap, cleanser oil, or cleanser spray. Make sure the drill hole is free of debris and does not contain any microorganisms.
Can I boil hot water and use it on my Yoni egg?
A crystal should not be placed directly in boiling water as this could cause it to break. Using warm, soapy water between usage is acceptable.
1. PUSS UPS
Lie down on your back and bring your feet underneath your knees. Inhale, raise your hips up and gently squeeze your pelvic floor muscles (the feeling when you stop the flow of urine). Exhale, lower the hips down and relax the Yoni muscles. Perform 15 repetitions for 3 sets.
2. CAMEL RIDE
Kneel on the floor, knees wide with your hands on your thighs. Inhale, tilt forward and open up your heart. Exhale, round back and contract your pelvic floor around the egg as you tuck the tailbone under flexing back. Continue for 2 minutes with deep breathing.
3. SEXY CAT COW
Come into a table top position, your hands stacked under your shoulders and your knees stacked under your hips. Inhale and drop the belly down, tilting the sit bones up to the sky and opening the chest. Exhale as you round the back, tucking your chin into the chest and squeeze the vaginal muscles around the egg. Put on a sexy song, close your eyes and practice this for 3 minutes. Breathe deep, let out some sensual sounds & you will feel juicy and alive!