Time is a finite commodity. We all know that. And so, we tend to focus on pursuits with measurable outcomes: the job, the promotion, the dollar amount in our bank account. But now more than ever, when our homes have become offices and burn-out rates are skyrocketing, it’s essential to take time off to relax.
As frivolous as Me-Time may seem, it’s quite indispensable to our mental health. At CurlyEllie, we believe that taking care of your curly hair shouldn’t be as stressful as it sometimes can be—that’s why we’ve created an entire line of nourishing plant-based products that will help you relax through your wash days.
CurlyEllie Wash Day Tips
To get your curls looking their best, you need to start with a solid wash day. There are many schools of thought on how to approach wash days, but we recommend that you plan ahead and be ready for the task at hand. This way, you can relax and enjoy the experience rather than getting stressed out about forgetting something or rushing through it all. Here’s what we recommend:
1. Schedule your wash day into your itinerary because rushed washdays are the enemy of defined curls and a friend to hair breakage which prevents you from meeting your hair goals.
2. Gather All tools and products you will need for washday so you have to keep hoping in and out of the shower to grab things you forgot (remember the goal is to relax). Your CurlyEllie goodies include: Curl Towel, Scrunch Towel, Shower cup, Detangling brush, Massaging brush (tool).
3. Set the Mood! Light up some candles, play your favourite playlist and sing your way through this wash day. Get comfortable!
Curl care is all about the basics. If you want your curls to look their best, you need to make sure you’re taking care of them in the right way.
A curlyellie wash day includes these steps:
1) Nourish. Grab either the Intensive Mask or the Nourishing Conditioner and spread generously through hair, detangle with your brush then coverup with shower cup, capitalize on that steam for better penetration into your hair shaft. Use the next 10 mins to shave, give yourself a facial mask or a body scrub. Rinse off hair then cover up with curl towel as you wash off your body.
2) Hydrate. After stepping out of the shower transfer your curl towel unto your shoulders. If your body wash took too long and your hair is drying up no worries at all, spritz curls with The Detangling Spray and follow up with The Curl Defining Leave in Conditioner, distribute through curls with your fingers or use a detangling brush and scrunch.
After cleansing, apply Styling Serum to curls and scrunch with a curl towel till you are satisfied. Plop curls with a curl towel while your moisturize your body. You can now choose to keep plopping, hair dry or defuse. Rinse combs, brushes with warm soapy water and leave to dry off on your scrunch towel.