It’s as simple as it sounds, chuck frozen banana slices into an average food processor (all I’m saying is you don’t need a high tech gadget for this) and watch the transformation into the creamiest of (banana) ice cream right in front of your eyes.
I usually add a little something extra on top – of course, or else I wouldn’t be me 😉 . Peanut brittle, roasted almond butter or cacao sauce, chopped dark chocolate sprinkles or some frozen raspberries. Below I included the chocolate sprinkles recipe you can add on top of it. The beauty of this ice cream is that it’s good enough to just have it on its own, if you like bananas that is.
Vegan Banana Icecream with dark chocolate sprinkles
For the banana icecream
|4 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen|
For the chocolate topping
|1/2 cup/60 grams cacao powder or carob powder|
|1/2 cup/118 milliliters melted cacao butter or coconut oil|
|1/3 cup/115 grams preferred liquid sweetener|
- Place frozen banana slices in a food processor and blend until smooth. Initially, the mixture will be a bit crumbly but if you persevere it will soon (5 minutes tops) change into smooth and super creamy banana ice-cream. If you are after a soft serve, consume immediately. Otherwise, place smooth banana mixture in a freezer-friendly box and freeze until solid. Let it thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
Chocolate sprinkles (raw vegan chocolate)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into molds or a parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Put in the fridge or freezer until solid.
- Crush the chocolate and sprinkle it on your banana icecream
Want to make different kinds of raw chocolate? you can try personalizing your homemade raw chocolate with a few possible optional additions. She says, “Vanilla, chili powder, ground cinnamon, goji berries, hazelnuts, mesquite powder . . . the list goes on. This is merely a foundation recipe to make all your healthy chocolate dreams come true!”