How to layer products on different hair structures
Knowing your hair’s kind and texture as well as the style you want to achieve is one thing, but how do you get there? That might make a different story. The skill of layering hair products can give your styles fresh vitality after you’ve discovered your ideal system. This detailed account is for you if you’ve ever used cosmetics improperly. We consulted our expert stylists to learn the inside scoop on how to use your stylers effectively based on the texture of your hair.
Continue reading to learn about their go-to hairstyles for various hair textures as well as their preferred styling products and application methods.
Tight Curls / Coils
- With the correct tools and methods, a beautiful wash & go style can be accomplished. On hair that has been well saturated with water, apply I Create Hold section by section, working your way from roots to ends. To guarantee a long-lasting style and optimum definition, product should be applied evenly to all of the hair. In the shower, right after cleansing and conditioning, this works best.
- Layer I create lift Volumizing Foam from roots to ends, section by section, on top of I Create Hold. Mist hair with additional water if needed during the styling process.
- Once the styling products have been applied, dry with a diffuser or hood dryer, making sure not to touch or disturb the curls until they are completely dry.
To smooth frizz, add hold and definition
When caring for your curls, it’s important to find your best balance between volume and hold.
- Apply Quiet Calm Curl Control, (section by section if your hair is high density) from roots to ends on wet hair.
- For additional hold, definition and frizz control, layer with I Create Hold from roots to ends while the hair is still wet.
- Gently scrunch styled hair with a microfiber towel and diffuse the hair until dry without disturbing the curls.
To enhance waves and add volume. The secret to making waves? Water!
- Mist hair with a spray bottle filled with water. Did you know that starting with wet hair can help amplify product performance?
- Gently scrunch I Create Lift Volumizing Foam into the mid lengths to ends of damp hair and rough dry with a diffuser.
- Once hair is dry, spray it with I Create Waves and scrunch again to help bring out more texture.
To smooth strands and create volume. Straight, shiny, smooth… sounds so nice. And if this is what you’re after, our pro stylists say leveling up this look is all about the prep and technique!
- Start with Hair Love Prep Spray on damp hair, spritzing from mid length to ends.
- Follow with I Create Volume and distribute pea size amount, raking with fingertips from roots to ends.
Layer with a heat protectant like Serenity Smoothing Cream, making sure that product is distributed evenly throughout the hair.
Blowdry using a large round brush.
Heat style pro tip: Always pointing the dryer in a downward motion to help seal the cuticle.
Watch the video below and learn more! Take notes and show us how you layer your Innersense Organic Beauty products. There’s no one right way to do it and we love to check out all your ideal styling combinations.