I’m sad to say goodbye to summer. But as much as I mourn the waning days of my favorite season, summer’s heat, sun and pools have left my skin in need of a fresh start! Longer nights mean more time for restorative repair and I have the perfect twosome to jump-start my skin’s revival.
I start my double masking routine by applying a thin layer of KAHINA™ Antioxidant Mask. It’s the simplest solution to exfoliate my way to healthy, glowing, Fall-ready skin. This unique clay mask detoxifies, draws out impurities and exfoliates without leaving skin dry and tight. What’s in this multi-tasking miracle worker?
- Rhassoul Clay – The slightly granular clay from Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains boosts collagen production and gently removes surface sun-damaged cells to encourage brighter, smoother, more even toned skin.
- Argan Oil – Our hero ingredient moisturizes skin, leaving it more supple and radiant.
- Acai and pomegranate – Delivers powerful antioxidant protection to fight free radical damage and reduce signs of aging… and summer fun!
After applying, I leave it on for 15 minutes, then massage into skin to gently exfoliate and rinse off.
Next, with freshly exfoliated skin, it’s time for a cozy, protective blanket of moisture.
KAHINA™ Moisture Mask is a rich treatment that increases skin’s water reserves to plump skin. Antioxidants go to work again to neutralize free radicals that contribute to signs of aging so fine lines and wrinkles are reduced.
Three powerful ingredients join forces in this moisturizing mask:
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil – A KAHINA™ core ingredient, strengthens and moisturizes capillaries
- Resveratrol – From red wine grapes, protects the skin from environmental stressors such as pollutants and UV exposure
- Mushroom extract – Reduces redness, calms and soothes even the most sensitive skin
Layer Moisture Mask onto face and neck and relax for 15 minutes. Then massage in and either remove the excess or leave on overnight for a truly nourishing treatment.
Take time for double-masking and you’ll put your happy face forward come Fall.
THE SCIENCE OF ARGAN OIL
The raw argan oil found in Kahina Giving Beauty products is composed of a high percentage of vitamin E (more than three times as much as olive oil) and 80% fatty acids, including hard to obtain Omega 6 and Omega 9 acids. Other components key to promoting skin health include antioxidant polyphenols, phytosterol compounds, and squalene.
The antioxidants and fatty acids in argan oil work together to help stop inflammation and to protect and maintain skin elasticity, smoothness and radiance. Phytosterols help strengthen the protective skin barrier and are also antiseptic.
Squalene is a lipid that is naturally present in, and extremely compatible with, our own skin, which is why argan oil is so easily absorbed. Our body’s own squalene production declines starting at the age of 20 and replenishing helps skin retain its moisture, as well as supporting cell regeneration and oxygenation