Beauty News, Leahlani Skincare
Easter treats for your skin and sweet tooth!
What’s Easter without a healthy dose of chocolate? We’ve really been enjoying the rich indulgence of Kokoleka lately! She is our luxuriously detoxifying chocolate ‘dessert mask’. Her advanced formula of mineral rich clays, invigorating coffee, activated coconut charcoal, skin softening coconut milk, organic cacao and antioxidant rich fruits will help to purify and detoxify the skin, drawing out impurities from deep within the pores. Have you tried activating Kokoleka with raw honey instead of water? It’s our new favorite aloha-alchemy ritual, leaving your skin vibrant and supple. Treat your skin (and your senses) with this decadent chocolate mask for Easter weekend.
Indulging in sweet aloha ✨ alchemy rituals for aloha ? Here is Leahlani’s new absolute favorite treat for the skin:
Kokoleka is our superfood detoxifying ‘dessert mask’. Her advanced formula of mineral rich Bohemian fango clay, invigorating coffee, activated coconut charcoal, skin softening coconut milk, organic cacao and antioxidant rich fruits will purify + detoxify the skin- drawing out impurities from deep within the pores ? Activating her with raw ? honey will add an abundance of active enzymes, moisture and hydration to the mix- leaving the skin smooth and supple ?
Mix equal amounts of Kokoleka and Honey and mix well. Apply evenly to dry skin. Let her sit pretty 10-20 minutes ? and rinse with warm water ? This is what skincare dreams are made of! Happy aloha Friday lovelies and happy masking ?✨
Robin's Nest cookies recipe
For those of your with a sweet tooth, we created some fun chocolate-coconut robin’s nest cookies to enjoy with your face mask or bring to your Easter gathering! They’re easy to make (no cooking necessary), packed full of protein, and you can customize them with different toppings- we went for the chocolate. Inspired by the skin-loving ingredients of our Kokoleka mask, you will find delicious ingredients like coconut, cacao, and oatmeal in these festive little Easter bites! We have been keeping them in the fridge at the Mermaid Cove and they make for the perfect treat, they are easy to eat, they aren’t messy and they give an instant boost of energy.
Robin’s Nest Easter Cookies
Robin’s Nest Easter Cookies
- ½ cup almond or natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- Robin’s Eggs of choice (chocolate mini eggs, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- Combine your nut butter of choice (we went with classic all-natural peanut butter) with honey, coconut oil, and salt in a saucepan over low-medium heat until melted and well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla, and cinnamon and stir well.
- Remove from heat and mix in the rolled oats and flaked coconut until fully coated.
- Line a baking dish with wax paper. Use a tablespoon to scoop your mixture onto the baking dish and press into a nest-like shape.
- Let your nests cool in the fridge or freezer until hardened (10 minutes) and fill with eggs of your choice! We used chocolate mini eggs but another fun/healthy alternative would be to use blueberries/raspberries or other Easter themed candies.
- The coconut oil will soften your cookies quickly. Enjoy cold and store in an airtight container in the fridge.