Healthy Caramel Apple Nacho’s
Caramel Apple Nacho’s
|6 apples/pears, thinly sliced|
|1 cup coconut oil, melted|
|1 cup natural peanut butter|
|½ cup pure maple syrup|
|2 tbsp vanilla|
|½ tsp salt|
|1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped|
|¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes|
|6 oz. cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips)|
- Optional: Rub lemon juice onto exposed flesh of apples and pears. This keeps them from turning brown.
- Stir together peanut butter, oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to make sauce.
- Layer on a plate (or in a baking dish): fruit, sauce, nuts, coconut, sprinkle of cinnamon, cacao nibs. Repeat with a second layer and keep going until plate is full.
- Split the recipe in half in you want to make a smaller batch for 1-2 people, which will last for a few days. Use the full recipe for parties and larger groups of people.
- These nachos warm are delicious with the chocolate chips slightly melted. Makes them ooey and gooey and oh so delicious. To do this, add a serving or two of Apple Nachos to a baking dish and put into a 300 degree oven for about 8 minutes, or until you see the chocolate begin to melt.