One of my favourite things to do during the Fall and winter is to cozy up at home with a cup of tea or a latte and practice the art of Hygge. There’s nothing better than enjoying those sweet little moments in life with a latte in hand!
This Hibiscus Rose Latte recipe is the perfect cozy drink for when you want something a little more special than a regular cup of tea. It’s made with hibiscus tea, which gives the latte a beautiful dusty pink colour and rose water for a touch of a light floral note.
Recipe from Choosingchia.com
(Recipe) Hibiscus Rose Latte
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serves 1 latte
Enjoy this Hibiscus Rose Latte on a cold day to warm your soul. Filled with hibiscus tea, rose, and almond milk, this healthy latte will be your new favourite warming drink!
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 drops rose water
- 2-inch cube of ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 hibiscus tea bags
- 1 cup steamed oat milk (heated using a milk steamer, or in a pot on medium heat)
- 1–2 tsp sweetener of choice (I recommend maple syrup or agave)
- edible rose petals (optional)
How to make a Hibiscus Rose Latte
You can either use a frother to make this latte, or you can make it by heating it all together in a pot. I prefer to make this with a frother, which gives it that beautiful creamy foam on top.
Steep the tea in a pot of the boiling water, rose and spices then pour into a cup. Froth the oat milk in your frother and then fill the cup the rest of the way with the frothed milk.
Steep the tea in a pot of the boiling water, rose and spices. Remove the spices and tea bags from the pot and add in the oat milk. Use a whisk and continue to whisk together to manually froth the milk a bit. Pour into your cup and enjoy!
- Add the water, rose water, ginger and cinnamon to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the hibiscus tea bags. Let sit and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cube of ginger and tea bags and pour into your mug.
- Slowly add the steamed almond milk to your mug.
- Sweeten with a little bit of maple syrup or agave and (optionally) top with edible rose petals