Something delicious and healthy to bake before or during the holidays?
Then try the „Evenwijs Kerststol“ , recipe by Sjouk and Nelleke.
the Evenwijs Kerststol
What do you need: food processor, cake tin, baking paper.
Quantity: 1 stol / cake
Ingredients almond paste:
– 125 gr almond flour
– 125 gr dried apricots
– 1 tbsp honey
– possibly sea salt
– 100 gr buckwheat flour
– 150 g almond flour
– 5 eggs
– 50 butter (melted)
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
– 2 tsp vanilla powder
– 40 g dried mulberries
– 40 gr dried cranberries
– 40 gr dried goji berries
– pinch of sea salt
– 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– almond shavings
– A splash of almond/coconut milk
Almond paste preparation:
- Put the apricots in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the apricots and drain.
- Grind in the food processor: the almond flour, apricots and honey until it becomes a ball.
- Lay the food mixture on a piece of fresh foil and make a roll of it with your hands (about as long as your cake tin) roll it tightly in foil and put it in the fridge (about 15 to 30 minutes) to stiffen up.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Mix the almond flour, cinnamon, honey and sea salt in the food processor.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and butter and run the machine until the mixture is homogenous. Is the mixture too dry? Then add a dash of almond/coconut milk.
- Add the dried fruits to the mixture and scoop well. Sprinkle the sodium bicarbonate over the mixture and sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon the mixture through.
- Fill the baking tin with half of the mixture, place the almond paste roll on top and cover with the other half of the mixture.
- Finally, divide the almond shavings on top.
- Put in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Enjoy your meal!