These Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches use a quick oat flour cookie dough with coconut milk vanilla ice cream base all homemade. No Baking, no ice cream machine needed. Gluten-free Soyfree Recipe. Nutfree option
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cookie Dough Layer:
- 2 cups (240 g) oat flour, use certified gf if needed , or use regular flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour , or use more oat flour for nutfree
- 1/4 cup (40 g) coconut sugar or other medium fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (107.33 g) maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (60 g) mini chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
Vanilla Ice cream filling
- 8 dates , soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1/3 cup (43 g) cashews , soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 13.5 oz (382.72 ml) coconut milk (full fat can)
- 2 Tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- pinch of salt
Mix the oat flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
Add the vanilla, maple syrup and coconut milk and mix in. Press and mix. Add the chocolate chips and mix in or knead lightly to make a soft dough. Divide into 2. Press one portion into parchment lined loaf pan. (9 by 5 in pan), freeze for half an hour or longer. Shape the other portion of the cookie dough to about the size of the loaf pan and keep in the fridge.
Drain the dates and cashews. Blend with the rest of the ice cream filling ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and cook stirring occasionally until boiling and thickened to a thin custard. Cool to room temperature. Remove pan from the freezer and add the ice cream filling.into the loaf pan. Even it out. Freeze for a few hours.
Once frozen, place the remaining shaped cookie dough on top and press to all edges and even it out. Cover with parchment and freeze for an hour or so. Remove from the freezer and let sit for 5 mins before slicing and serving.
NotesVariations: Fold in 2-3 tbsp mini chocolate chips or some of the cookie dough into the ice cream custard.