This Vegan Peppermint Hot Chocolate is packed with rich chocolate flavour, and made with all natural ingredients. Serve it topped with crushed candy canes for a festive holiday drink!
(Recipe by Thinlyspread.co.uk)
Vegan Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Whose excited for peppermint EVERYTHING this month?!
I know I am. And I have not one, not two, but THREE peppermint inspired recipes coming to the blog for December. So get excited!
The first peppermint recipe is this vegan peppermint hot chocolate. This Vegan peppermint Hot Chocolate is dairy-free, gluten-free, rich and creamy, and made with homemade almond milk!
- 3 cup homemade almond milk
- 8 ounce of 70% dark chocolate (I use Lindt 70% dark chocolate)
- 4–6 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt (x2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4–6 drops peppermint extract
- (optional) whipped coconut cream, crushed candy canes to top
- Add the almond milk and dark chocolate to a small pot on medium heat, mixing constantly with a whisk until the chocolate has melted and incorporated.
- Then add the maple syrup, salt, vanilla extract and peppermint oil and mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream, crushed candy canes