(Recipe) Cucumber and Celery Boats
With some locally produced organic cucumber and celery boats filled with Galya Loves Food Hummus (available in our brick and mortar stores), what better way is there to enjoy the afterglow of a sunny day? We believe you’ll agree that this snack is far more enjoyable than simply mixing and dipping whether you’re eating it standing up in the kitchen, taking it on a picnic outside, or even in a canoe.
- 1 cucumber, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and hollowed out
- 2-3 stalks celery, trimmed
- 5ish tbsp hummus
- ¼ red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup spinach, chopped into fine ribbons
- Dill, chopped
- Cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste
- Trim cucumber and celery pieces to your preferred yacht lengths.
- Dollop hummus into boats and spread throughout hulls.
- Garnish with chopped peppers, spinach, dill, Cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste.