Beauty Tipps, Innersense
Ingredients – Innersense Organic Beauty
WHAT WE MEAN BY CLEAN
Pure ingredients are only as good as how they are processed
Our unwavering commitment to clean, pure and beautiful is reflected in every aspect of every product, each formulated with the highest intention and purity, sourcing, harvesting and processing.
And just as important as what’s in our products is what’s not. Many conventional products include silicones, resins, plastics and other synthetics that add a slick coating or a slippery feel. These give the illusion of moisture and shine but over time, those are the exact ingredients that build up and create dull, dry, unloved hair.
Here is what you can count on in Innersense Organic Beauty formulations:
Ingredients straight from nature, grown organically and sustainably without chemicals. Ethically harvested and sourced from trusted, transparent plantations, orchards and farms from around the world
Formulated through conscious chemistry; cold-pressed, distilled or otherwise processed without synthetics to preserve purity
Formulated free of phthalates, ethoxylates, sulfates, silicones, 1,4 dioxane, parabens, petro compounds, propylene and butylene glycol, PEG, MEA, TEA, MIA, EDTA artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances
High concentrations of key ingredients mean less water
Gluten-free, cruelty-free and non-GMO
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
Innersense Organic Beauty is globally compliant and EU Certified. The European Union upholds stringent safety standards for cosmetics and personal care products and Innersense Organic Beauty is adapting to meet labeling requirements to list allergens within our products. Allergens are naturally occurring compounds from natural oils. While this disclosure is only required in the EU at this time, this offers utmost transparency to our USA customers as well.
Allergens are denoted on our bottles with a † symbol following a particular ingredient. This symbol indicates that this ingredient is a natural component of essential oils.
PUMPKIN SEED OIL
RICE BRAN OIL
RICE BRAN OIL
SUNFLOWER SEED OIL
FLAX SEED OIL
- Aloe Vera: This versatile ingredient gives hair strength and a silky texture. Aloe brings fullness and manageability to the finest hair.
- Amethyst Crystal Powder: It’s one of the most beloved crystals in the mineral kingdom for healing, because purple is associated with the seventh chakra, the crown. Located atop of the head or slightly above, the crown chakra inspires wisdom, intuition, ecstasy and bliss and ultimately a higher consciousness and connection to the universal. Amethyst crystal to connect us with our crown chakra for a truly deep and loving relationship with our hair.
- Angelica Root Extract: Angelica grows in temperate regions such as Western Europe, the Himalayas and Siberia. Angelica serves as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. It also acts to boost circulation of the scalp, which means healthier hair. Nourishes hair for regeneration of damaged hair cells.
- Apple: Apple contains numerous vitamins and minerals to the scalp, providing overall health of the hair. Minerals like magnesium, potassium, copper, and calcium help lower the chance of hair loss and shedding by keeping hair follicles nourished.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil has a sweet and nutty aroma and is highly valued for its regenerative and moisturising properties. Avocado oil is rich in vitamins A, D & E, lecithin and potassium. Contains rich moisturising properties making it ideal for treatment of dry, brittle and/or damaged hair. Avocado oil acts as a humectant, which helps the hair draw and lock in moisture. The essential fatty acids also impart shine and softness to the hair, while its light texture makes it easy to absorb into the scalp without leaving behind a greasy feeling.
- Bamboo: A wonderful source of natural silica that is highly concentrated as the bamboo contains 70% silica. This is a wonderful ingredient for strengthening hair and improving the viability and youthful state of the scalp.
- Behentrimonium Methosulfate: This is derived from coconut oil and provides many functions. It is an exceptionally mild conditioning agent, detangler and hair thickener. It also functions as a primary emulsifier in lotions and conditioners. It gives a soft powdery after-feel to lotions and creams.
- Beeswax: Even the ancient Egyptians knew the benefits of beeswax; it’s been used in beauty routines ever since. Beeswax is a dynamic ingredient, with multiple benefits to moisturise, smooth and soothe hair and scalp. Its humectant qualities, combined with its ability to seal strands, makes it our go to for Inner Peace Whipped Creme Texturizer. Our beeswax is water soluble and compatible with curly hair.
- Bilberry: From central and northern Europe, this berry became widely known as the “European Blueberry”. Extremely effective in treating common scalp ailments like redness and itching by delivering plenty of vitamin A to ensure proper circulation. With healthier circulation this can reduce the production of dandruff.
- Bitter Orange: Derived from the delicate white blossoms of the bitter orange tree, Orange Blossom or Neroli, is a heady, rich scent used to realise/visualise self-purification, joyfulness and profound relaxation. This luxurious oil is well-suited for the treatment of dry, sensitive skin.
- Cablin Oil: This is fragrant oil used in combination with other fragrant oils to make up our natural fragrances throughout our products.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Fractionated Coconut Oil): Cosmetic grade, this is a mixed triester of caprylic and capric acids, and a highly refined medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil possessing excellent oxidation stability with an almost indefinite shelf life. CCT is a desirable emollient with quick skin penetration and has no color, odor or taste. It improves spreading of skin care formulas. Used in massage, it will not stain sheets.
- Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside: A mild solubilising non-ionic surfactant derived from mixed plants, fatty alcohols and glucose sourced from vegetables. Also called fractionated coconut oil, this mixed triester of caprylic and capric acids, and highly refined medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil possesses excellent oxidation stability with an almost indefinite shelf life. CCT is a desirable emollient with quick skin penetration and has no color, odor or taste. It improves spreading of skin care formulas.
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil: A natural antioxidant that provides excellent emollience to hydrate hair and skin.
- Cetrimonium Chloride: Derived from coconut, this ingredient is used for its anti-static, conditioning and softening qualities.
- Citric Acid: Found widely in plants (e.g. citrus fruits), this organic acid is used in cosmetics as a preservative acidifier to balance pH, and as a foam stabilizer.
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine: Derived from the fatty acids of coconut oil, this mild surfactant gently cleanses the hair. This ingredient acts as a foaming agent and provides anti-static benefits.
- Cocoa Seed Butter: The fat obtained from the seeds of Theobroma Cacao. It provides relief to the skin from harmful stimuli and slows the loss of water from the skin’s surface encouraging plentiful hydration.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut is a gentle, softening surfactant derived from the fatty acids of coconut. Used in combination with other plant ingredients, coconut provides 100% gentle sulfate-free cleansing. Note: This is a Non-GMO ingredient.
- Cranberry Seed Oil: Cranberry seed oil delivers excellent emollient, moisturizing, andderma-protective properties.
- Cucumber: The juice of the cucumber was reportedly used by Cleopatra to preserve her skin. It is credited with moisture binding and moisture regulating properties.
- Dandelion: Originating from Central Asian regions in temperate and semi-tropical regions also known as priests crown or the irish daisy, Dandelion stimulates hair follicles to encourage hair growth as well as balances scalp oils.
- Echinacea Angustifolia Extract: Echinacea Extract is a member of the sunflower family. The root and/or the above-ground part of the plant during the flowering growth phase are used in herbal medicine. Echinacea, having both antibacterial and antiviral action, is one of the best remedies for helping the body rid itself of microbial infections.
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil: This is an essential oil with powerful antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Steam distilled from the leaves and twigs of eucalyptus, it helps stimulate circulation, increase concentration and is useful to help strengthen the hair cortex, promoting shine.
- Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis): Evening Primrose Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, especially GLA or gamma-linolenic acid, which plays an important role in maintaining the health of our cells. This precious oil exerts anti-inflammatory and other healing actions on and through the skin, and is particularly nourishing to nails, scalp, and hair. It is considered to be a rejuvenating and regenerating oil for any skin type. EPO may help relieve the dry, inflamed and itchy skin of dermatitis, an allergic condition, according to clinical trials.
- Flower Essence of Echinacea: This is a vibrational therapy that works on a subtle energetic level. It stimulates and awakens us to the true self, allowing us to connect with the core of our being. Echinacea encourages physical, mental, emotional, and environmental integration creating core integrity.
- Frangipani: Frangipani (often called Plumeria) is utilized for its delightful, sweet aroma, which can be used with visualisation to quell fear and depression, bringing on a sense of peace.
- Frankincense: Frankincense has been used in spiritual pursuits for more than 3000 years. Its aroma is known to reduce stress, calm the physical body and awaken higher consciousness. It is ideal to use for meditation.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf: Rich in antioxidants and also known as the maidenhair tree, this extract delivers conditioning and smoothing properties to the skin. It’s also known to significantly reduce the thinning of hair.
- Glycerin: Glycerin provides humectant and emollient properties in cosmetic formulas. It also eases “spreading” in formulas. Our glycerin is naturally derived from plant ingredients.
- Glyceryl Stearate SE: Derived from coconut, olive, rapeseed, safflower and sunflower, this ingredient provides emollient hydration to the hair. It also maintains moisture balance and helps control frizz.
- Goldenseal: Its numerous uses are attributed to its antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Historically, goldenseal extract was used topically to treat skin inflammation and irritation. It is often used to disinfect and heal cuts and abrasions.
- Green Tea Extract: This botanical extract offers a very high level of natural antioxidants for scavenging of free radicals.
- Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride: This plant-based gum is used to help thicken formulas and maintain viscosity. It Is both nourishing and conditioning to hair and skin and optimized for detangling and providing body and shine to the hair.
- Hazel Seed Oil: Obtained from the hazelnut tree, this is a light, non-greasy, toning oil for combination skin types. (Corylus Americana)
- Honey: A natural humectant to draw in and retain moisture and impart lustrous shine to hair. Our honey is sustainably and ethically sourced through local vendors.
- Horsetail: The common name “horsetail” refers to the herb’s thin, branch-like leaves which in some ways are similar to the hair of a horse’s tail. Horsetail is known to contain high levels of silica and the content of silica helps strengthen damaged or brittle hair by restoring hair’s internal strength and shine.
- Lavender Oil: In ancient times lavender was used to perfume bath water and was burned as incense to the deities. Associated with spiritual love, it is helpful in visualising and transforming the way in which one sees love…stimulating the emotional centers and reprogramming the conscious mind. Lavender is one of the primary essential oils for inducing peace and calming the emotions. Lavender essential oil is adaptogenic in nature, meaning that it normalizes both dry and oily conditions of the skin, scalp or hair. Anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and skin regenerative, it is also great for sensitive or mature skin, dandruff, inflammatory, and hair loss conditions.
- Lemon Balm: Part of the mint family the leaves, stems and flowers are all beneficial. Even in the ancient Roman civilization, it was used for medical treatments. Lemon balm keeps the scalp healthy by unclogging the pores of the scalp.
- Lemon Peel Oil: This essential oil, cold pressed from the outer rind of lemons, has the crisp, clean scent of the fruit itself. Diffused into an environment, its vibrant energy can make the surroundings vibrate and hum with purity. Its lively scent activates the body and dispels sluggishness. The physical and psycho-emotional benefits of lemon are many; it maintains healthy skin, is helpful for hair loss, provides energy for an aching body and boosts circulation.
- Lemongrass: This essential oil is warm and woody, fresh and lemony. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, astringent, cooling and stimulating (energizing) properties and is often used in purification rituals. The aroma can stimulate your psychic awareness through inhalation and visualisation.
- Limonene: A naturally occurring fragrance found in the rind of citrus fruits. Because we utilise natural citrus fruit extracts and oils, this fragrance is of natural source.
- Linumusitatissimim (Linseed Flax Seed) Seed Oil: Flax seeds are full of essential vitamins and minerals which provide nourishment to the hair follicles and encourage stronger and healthier new hair growth. Omega-3 fatty acids help you avoid dry, flaky scalp and nourish your hair, while increasing hair elasticity decreasing the chance of hair breakage. This plant-based gum is used to help thicken formulas and maintain viscosity. It Is both nourishing and conditioning to hair and skin and optimized for detangling and providing body and shine to the hair.
- Linalool: A naturally occurring fragrance similar to bergamot oil and French lavender produced by plants such as mint, cinnamon and citrus fruits. Because we utilise natural and citrus fruit extracts and oil, this fragrance is of natural source.
- Lotus Flower Essential Oil: Lotus Flower essential oil provides a relaxing, euphoric sensation and may help relieve muscle spasms.
- Macadamia Seed Oil: Derived from the nut of a small evergreen tree, it is widely cultivated. This nourishing, vitamin-rich, light textured oil is used in emollients. (Ternifolia)
- Mango: Mango is 80% water, so it’s no wonder it’s so moisturizing to the scalp and hair. It’s restorative nutrients promote collagen production and prevent damage like split ends or breakage.
- Matricaria Flower: Also known as German Chamomile, this flowering annual is known for its calming properties. It relieves inflammation and provides antifungal and anti inflammatory benefits to the skin.
- Marigold: Easy to spot in our gardens, marigold is a bright orange flower and has been used for centuries to ease itchy and irritated scalp and skin. Marigolds have excellent protective capabilities by forming natural layers to protect the skin from environmental stressors and free radicals.
- Neroli: Known for its ability to regenerate skin cells and improve the elasticity of skin, neroli also helps maintain oil balance in the skin, making it an excellent choice for all skin types.
- Nettle: This plant is often mistaken for a weed, but it actually contains amazing health benefits, especially for hair. Rich in vitamins A, B, C, D and K nettle nourished hair follicles to encourage healthy hair growth.
- Oat Kernel Extract: Oat Kernel Extract provides anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-itch benefits. A natural emulsifier and film former, it has strong moisturising, strengthening and restructuring capabilities. It imparts extraordinary silkiness and conditioning to hair while offering protection and moisture binding properties.
- Octadecanol: This vegetable-based fatty alcohol is derived from natural fats and oils. Used in cosmetics, fatty alcohols are emulsifiers and emollients that smooth the skin and prevent moisture loss. (Stearyl Alcohol)
- Olive Fruit Oil: This rich oil is obtained from ripe olives around the Mediterranean Sea. It has superior penetrating power and is used in a wide variety of cosmetic preparations. (Olea Europaea)
- Orange Flower Oil: Orange Flower Oil’s benefits include aiding in therapies for anxiety, calming, insomnia, nervousness and skin care. It provides a harmonising and uplifting natural aromatic top note.
- Oregano: This familiar, spicy, and strongly aromatic herb is refreshingly stimulating to hair, skin and scalp. Used in steam baths or misted into the hair, it cleanses the air while opening and cleansing the pores.
- Organic Rice Proteins: Organic Rice Proteins provide moisturizing and strengthening characteristics, along with reparative and protective qualities.
- Patchouli: Originating from Southeast Asia and while widely known for its earthy scent, many do not know that Patchouli is an antiseptic, astringent, and fungicide. Patchouli can also aid in the reduction of excess oil or restoring hydration to scalps that experience mild dandruff.
- Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract (Monoi Oil): Tahitian for “scented oil,” it has been a Polynesian beauty secret for centuries. It is highly beneficial for both the skin and the hair, containing moisturising and soothing properties. Monoi oil helps add brilliance and shine to the hair. It has a high concentration of vitamin E which helps hair’s elasticity and strength and contains antioxidants which can help prevent free radical damage.
- Potassium Sorbate: Derived from naturally occurring unsaturated fatty acids, it is a safe and effective non-formaldehyde preservative. This ingredient is EU approved.
- Pink Himalayan Salt: Pink Himalayan Salt is mined, not processed like regular table salt, which is why it retains its varying hues of pink. It is extracted from Mother Earth, from the great Salt Range of the Himalayas. It adds waves, texture, body and structure to the hair, making it an essential ingredient for textural stylers and sprays.
- Pullulan: This is a natural film former. Sourced from the Larch tree, Pullulan provides a shiny, transparent and flexible hold in styling products. Sorbitol (and) Trehalose (and) Acacia Senegal Gum Pullulan (and) Sorbitol (and) Trehalose (and) Acacia Senegal Gum.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil: Pumpkin seed oil is a perfect ingredient for the hair and scalp as it provides rich levels of Omega 6 Fatty Acids and Vitamins E, A & K. It is vital in moisturising the scalp while stimulating the follicle reducing hair loss.
- Purified Water: De-ionized, it is essential that water used in cosmetic preparations is sterile to avoid contamination of the product.
- Quinoa: Derived from grain, this ingredient offers a unique combination of molecular weight amino acids offering enhanced penetration for hair’s nourishment along with activity promoting greater repair, hydration and shine.
- Rice Amino Acids: Provides natural shine and emphasises hair color, increases hair’s ability to bind moisture, increases flexibility and tensile strength. These conditioning agents bring shine and gloss by conditioning the scalp, hair and skin. These conditioning agents bring shine and gloss by conditioning the scalp, hair and skin.
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein: This conditioning agent brings shine and gloss by conditioning the scalp, hair and skin.
- Rice Bran Oil: This relatively new oil is super nourishing. It is a powerful skin protectant, rich in gamma-oryzanol, which will protect and replenish the skin. Rich in phytosterols, rice bran oil can be an effective substitute for lanolin and can help reduce inflammation and soothe discomfort. Rice bran oil is one of the richer carrier oils and takes a moment to absorb. This has one of the softest and most velvety feels amongst carrier oils. It is rich in antioxidants and therefore plays a valuable role in personal care products.
- Rooibos Tea: Rooibos (pronounced ‘roy boss’) tea has been called the miracle tea for its tremendous healing powers and anti-aging properties. Its very high level of antioxidants (50x more than green tea) helps destroy free radicals that attack and damage healthy cells. In research studies, oligosaccharides in Rooibos were found to boost the immune system in fighting viral infections.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Once burned in Greek temples as an offering to the goddesses and gods, rosemary oil is traditionally used to stimulate love. In receiving this scent, one is encouraged to visualize a long, healthy life while clearing the conscious mind and improving memory. The energy of this aroma is fresh, herbaceous and sweet.
- Sage: Native to the Mediterranean and South-Eastern Europe, sage’s scientific name derives from the Latin word “salvere” which means “to be saved.” It is characterized by its strongly aromatic leaves and is stimulating circulation the scalp. Sage is particularly effective in encouraging new hair growth and providing more nutrition to the hair follicles.
- Shea Butter: Certified Organic, our shea butter is an excellent emollient for personal care applications. Its rich content of bio-active triterpene esters provides beneficial effects including anti-irritancy, anti-inflammatory and enhanced UV-B protection. (Butyrospermum Parkii)
- Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil: This is fragrant oil is used in combination with other fragrant oils to make up our natural fragrances throughout our products.
- Sodium Benzoate: Derived from salt, this genial ingredient is an effective preservative to prevent microbial growth.
- Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate: An ultra-mild foaming surfactant derived from coconut. The ingredient helps solubilize oils from the hair and scalp so they can be rinsed, leaving the hair and scalp feeling clean.
- Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate: Derived from the husk of coconut, this ultra-mild surfactant interacts with water to create foam and cleanse oil from the hair.
- Sorbitol: This humectant and emollient is found in ripe berries, cherries, plums, pears, apples, seaweed and algae. It gives a velvety feel to the skin.
- Soybean Oil: Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja) is a natural emollient that provides a soft, shimmery feel to the hair. It cleanses, stimulates, soothes and nourishes the hair while leaving it silky and manageable.
- Stearalkonium Chloride: Derived from stearic acid, a fatty acid found in mixed plants, this functions as a conditioner and promotes anti-static functions, increasing luster and improving the hydration in wet or dry hair.
- Sucrose (Sugar Cane): This ingredient has many functions. We use it as a humectant in combination with fixatives to create hold and impart shine.
- Sugar Maple: Derived from the sugar maple tree, this ingredient aids in the removal of dead skin cells to prevent clogged pores within the scalp.
- Sunflower Seed Extract A natural antioxidant that provides excellent color protection. Rich in vitamins like A, B, C and E, as well as minerals like iron, potassium and calcium, sunflower seed oil is rich in essential nutrients, antioxidants and fatty acids, all necessary for healthy hair and scalp. This natural emollient adds weightless moisture and gloss.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: Sunflower seed oil is a natural antioxidant that provides excellent emollience.
- Sweet Orange: An excellent moisturizer for brittle hair, sweet orange helps soothe, smooth and moisturize while enhancing natural sheen of hair. Not to mention it is a natural perfume leaving hair with a sweet, citrus scent.
- Tamanu Oil: Tamanu Oil is a significant topical healing agent from the sacred Tamanu tree. With its high levels of lipids, fatty acids and anti-inflammatory agents, it has tremendous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity. It has a mild, pleasant aroma and a luxurious feel, absorbing readily into the skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
- Tapioca Starch: Derived from the cassava root which is native to Brazil, this starch is widely used as a thickener and viscosity enhancer. As a green alternative to talc, it also helps reduce the heavy, unpleasant and greasy feel of oils, esters and waxes.
- Tilia Cordata: A species of the Linden and is known for its smoothing and soothing capabilities as well as its rich conditioning properties, ideal for the strands of our hair.
- Trisodium EthylenedIamine Disuccinate: This naturally-derived chelating agent from mixed plants improves the efficacy of preservatives and antioxidants and plays a crucial role in the stability and efficacy of personal skin care products.
- Thyme: Thyme was burned in ancient temples to ward off venomous creatures. The fragrance has long been known to promote courage and dispel fear. It stimulates the conscious mind and will revitalize the mind/body physiology.
- Vitamin B: B does stand for something and that’s biotin. Vitamin B helps deliver oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. Restores shine and lustre, improves strength and plumps hair shaft.
- Vanillin: This is fragrant oil is used in combination with other fragrant oils to make up our natural fragrances throughout our products.
- Wheat Grass: Wheat Grass is abundant in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, chlorophyll (often referred to as the blood of plant life), and vital life energy. It contains 17 amino acids which are the building blocks of the proteins used by the body for building muscle tissue, repairing cells and clotting the blood. wheat grass also increases the enzyme levels in our cells, aiding in the cell rejuvenation and the metabolism of nutrients. Research has even found that wheat grass produces an immunization effect against many dietary carcinogens. This is a non-GMO and non-gluten ingredients.
- Witch Hazel: Derived from the flowering plant Hamamelis Virginiana, witch hazel functions as a skin conditioning agent and also aids in the reduction of excess oils.
- Xanthan Gum: A naturally derived starch, consisting of bonded sugar molecules that is fermented and dried into a powder. Xanthan gum acts as a stabilizer by keeping oils from separating, a natural preservative improving overall performance and safety.
- YLANG YLANG: The Cananga Odonata is a tropical tree native to Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Ylang Ylang has many therapeutic benefits, ranging from its use as a sedative and antidepressant to that of an antiseptic. It can also be used as a natural conditioning agent and has great reparative powers for damaged hair.
- Zea Mays (Corn) Starch: Wonderful absorption capabilities, especially for excess oil from the scalp. We utilize non-GMO zea mays starch in our products.
- Phthalates: These salts, or ester of phthalic acid, are used to add flexibility and dissolve other ingredients. Phthalates can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled and have been linked to birth defects in the male reproductive system.
- Ethoxylates: The end result of the ethoxylation process which is the synthesis of a compound containing one or more ethoxyl groups.
- Sulfate, SLA, SLES: Sulfates are used in the manufacture of synthetic soaps, detergents, emollient creams and shampoos (like sodium lauryl and laureth sulfate). Sulfates are harmful to marine life and the environment. They can cause allergic reactions and dry skin and hair. They are also an eye irritant.
- Betaines: These are naturally derived surfactants, but synthetically processed. It is used as a foam booster in shampoos.
- Artificial color and fragrance: Proven to be the most prevalent sensitisers (cause of allergic reactions or chemical sensitivities) in cosmetic preparations.
- PEG-8 (polyethylene glycol): This synthetic detergent is on the FDA’s list of suspected carcinogens. According to the FDA it is “highly allergenic.”
- PEG Compounds: These synthetic plant glycols are used as binders, solvents, emollients, plasticisers, bases, carriers, emulsifiers and dispersants. They cause many allergic reactions. Peg compounds may contain the carcinogenic contaminant, dioxane.
- PEG, DEA, MEA, TEA, or EDTA compounds: These are synthetic surfactants used in soaps and many shampoos. These ingredients are allergenic, and may also be contaminated with nitrosamines, a potent class of carcinogens. They’re on the FDA’s list of suspected carcinogens.
- Petrochemicals: Made from petroleum or “crude oil,” petrochemicals include some of the most valuable medical and industrial substances ever known.
- Polysorbate 20: This ingredient is treated with 20 parts of ethylene oxide that becomes contaminated with 1,4-dioxane.
- Propylene Glycol: A neurotoxin, this petroleum-derived humectant, surfactant, solvent, and carrier is known to cause contact dermatitis along with a wide variety of allergic reactions.
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds: A wide variety of these caustic ammonium compounds are used in cosmetics, especially hair conditioners. They may give a soft feel to the hair and stabilise the emulsion of a rinse or conditioner, but in the long run they dry the scalp and hair and make the hair brittle. They’re also allergenic and pollute the environment.
- Deionised Water: It is essential that water used in cosmetic preparations is sterile to avoid contamination of the product. Deionised water or demineralised water has had almost all of its mineral ions removed. This ingredient is a known carcinogen with links to health issues.
- 1.4 – Dioxane or Ethylene Oxide: These are ethoxylates and a result of the ethoxylation process. Also a known animal carcinogen that penetrates readily into the skin.
- Formaldehyde: A suspected carcinogen, this colorless, pungent, irritating substance is found in many preservatives, such as quaternium-15, the hydantoins and ureas, and surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate.
- GMOs: Genetically modified organisms that have had its dna altered or modified in some way through genetic engineering.
- Gluten: A general name for the proteins found in wheat (wheat berries, durum, emmer, semolina, spelt, farina, farro, graham), rye, barley and triticale – a cross between wheat and rye.
- Hydrolysed Animal Protein: Innersense Organic Beauty products do not contain any animal byproducts. Neither our ingredients or our products are ever tested on animals.
- Imidazolidinyl and Diazolidinyl Urea: These commonly used preservatives are antiseptic and deodorising. They have been established by the american academy of dermatology to be primary causes of contact dermatitis (causing adverse reactions such as rashes that can be quite severe). Keep clear of the eye area, as it is an eye irritant.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone or Methylisothiazolinone: As an antimicrobial agent, or biocide, mit and related compounds kill harmful bacteria that like to grow near moisture or water. Both cause cosmetic allergies and potential dangerous neurotoxic effects.
- Parabens: A non-irritating food-grade preservative used to control microbial growth in cosmetic preparations. This ingredient is a known toxin.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is a synthetic preservative that’s manufactured using a complex process where phenol is treated with ethylene oxide. It notes that toxic effects can occur through inhalation, skin exposure, and ingestion.
- Proprietary Compounds or Complexes: A hiding place for synthetic ingredients to be laced into products. This is a way for manufacturers to add synthetic ingredients without having to disclose what the compound or complex consists of.
- Innersense Organic Beauty is proud to be a California Green Business Network company, Certified Leaping Bunny member and compact signer of both the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and Truth In Labeling Acts. As members of these organizations, Innersense Organic Beauty is committed to social and environmental sustainability.
Designed by Mother Nature. Inspired by Love.
Nature is at the centre of Innersense Organic Beauty. We believe choosing clean, pure and beautiful haircare is the smart, simple way to create a love story between you and your hair. Our products are crafted from Certified Organic plant ingredients your hair will love in luxurious formulations that deliver hydration, health, moisture, shine and protection only Mother Nature can provide.