(Recipe) Gnocchi with Spicy cheese and pesto
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Gnocchi is not a pasta, but a mixture of potato, flour and egg. The advantage of gnocchi, apart from being very tasty, is that you cook gnocchi in a few minutes.
Baking gnocchi can also be done, which is also the tastiest part of this recipe. Baked gnocchi is deliciously crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Combined with the tangy flavor of the Parmigiano Reggiano and spicy pesto, this is a gnocchi recipe to make your mouth water! Lets get started!
- 800 grams of gnocchi di patate
- 1 onion
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 200 grams of spinach
- 100 grams spicy Parmesan Cheese (Such as Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 100 grams of green pesto
- Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the gnocchi for about 10 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- Chop the onion and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a dash of oil in a second skillet and fry the onion and mushrooms in it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and spinach.
- Fry until the spinach has completely shrunk.
- Add the vegetables to the pan with the crispy gnocchi and toss to combine.
- Scoop the pesto into the gnocchi vegetable mixture and add half of the grated Parmigiano.
- Stir through until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the gnocchi with the remaining grated Parmigiano cheese.