Cream homemade scars – Our recipe
Getting rid of scars is not always easy. Whether it is hypertrophic or keloid scars, acne scars or scars following a surgical operation, it is possible to naturally reduce scars by adopting the right gestures and the right products from the beginning of the healing phases.
For those who love homemade cosmetics, here is my recipe from cream to improve the appearance of your recent or older scars.
(1 ml is equivalent to 35 drops):
Essential oils :
- Ladaniferous rockrose (Cistus ladaniferus): 4 drops
- Geranium Bourbon (Pelargonium asperum cv Bourbon): 4 drops
- Italian Helichrysum italicum (Helichrysum italicum): 3 drops
- Rosemary verbena (Rosmarinus officinalis verbenoniferum): 4 drops
- True Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): 4 drops
- Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii): 40 ml (36g)
Vegetable oils :
- Musk Rose (Rosa Rubiginosa)
- or/and Macadamia (Macadamia ternifolia)
- or/and Rosehip (Rosa Canina)
- or/and Pumpkin seeds (Curcubita Pepo)
- or/and Composition of regenerating and resourcing oils: 20 ml (in total)
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol): 0.5 ml
Stages of preparation :
- First heat the shea butter in a double boiler.
- Once this one is well melted, add the vegetable oils.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar off the heat. Let the mixture cool.
- Once the preparation is warm (it should not harden), add the essential oils. Be careful, because essential oils are volatile and very sensitive to heat.
- Close the jar and place it in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Your balm is ready.
After creation you can keep your cream for about 1 year. You can apply it locally on your scar in the evening before going to bed to promote skin repair which is all the more active during the night.