- Beauty products
- Brands A-Z
- Products by Skintype
- Wellness / Essential Oils / blends
- Health & Nutrition
- Summer Recommendations ☀️
- NEW! Additions
Child Vitamin D3 drops 5 mcg
Our easiest, purest and most flexible vitamin D3 product. Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops come in a small bottle, for the little ones
Only 2 left in stock
Thanks to the dropper, you can easily add the drops to a bottle of milk, cup of juice or food. It is so pure that you can also give it directly to babies and children.
- Without additives, therefore free from sugar, colourings, aromas and flavourings
- Highly absorbable thanks to extra virgin olive oil
- With only 2 drops you provide the recommended daily intake of 10 mcg
Why vitamin D3?
Not only in autumn and winter do we benefit from extra vitamin D. In spring and summer our own production can also be insufficient. Especially now that we have less contact with the sun, the most important stimulus for vitamin D production in the skin. We spend too much time indoors, wearing sunglasses or protecting our bodies from the sun with sunscreen and clothing. This significantly reduces the absorption of vitamin D.
Yet sunlight is the most important source of vitamin D for humans. With sufficient exposure to ultraviolet radiation, the body’s own production – which takes place in the skin – is many times greater than the amount that can be supplied through food. In the absence or avoidance of sunlight, vitamin D becomes an essential nutrient. It is increasingly important to get enough of it from external sources. Vitamin D can be found in our diet, in oily fish such as salmon and mackerel, but unfortunately this is hardly sufficient. A dietary supplement containing vitamin D3 can then provide a solution.
Vitamin D in babies and children
Vitamin D is important for children because:?
1. Children grow very fast. So their bones have to grow fast too. Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of children’s bones.
2. The formation of teeth undergoes a major development until the age of 10. Children first develop full milk teeth and then exchange them for adult teeth. Vitamin D is important for the development of strong teeth.
3. Building up resistance in childhood ensures that we have good resistance later on. Vitamin D also ensures a good resistance in children.
When is it best to take vitamin D?
In general, the advice is to take supplements with a (fat) meal. This is when the body absorbs vitamin D best. Bonusan vitamin D is dissolved in an oil, so you can also take it at other times. You can add Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops to a bottle of (pumped) milk, cup of juice or food, but you can also give it to your child or baby on its own.
How can I give my child vitamin D in an easy way?
You can use oil drops to which vitamin D has been added. For many children, swallowing pills is not an option. To make sure your children get their vitamin D, you can use a liquid vitamin D supplement in an olive oil base. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin and is better absorbed by the body in oil. Adding a few drops of vitamin D to food or the contents of the bottle is an easy solution. No more endless discussions at the table!
There are legal guidelines for maximum vitamin D intake in children through food supplements:
– If a dietary supplement contains > 15 µg vitamin D, it is not suitable for children under 1 year of age.
– If a dietary supplement contains > 20 µg vitamin D, it is not suitable for children up to and including 10 years of age.
The advantages of Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops
Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops contain vegetable vitamin D3 which makes them also suitable for vegans. By reading the label carefully you can discover the quality of a supplement. Food supplements come in all shapes, sizes and flavours. Labels are not always easy to read, but they do contain all the information you need to make a good choice. So how do you buy the best product for your situation? In the case of a vitamin D3 supplement, you can look for the following characteristics:
– Is vitamin D dissolved in olive oil? Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. Vitamin D is best recognised, absorbed and processed by the body when dissolved in oil. Extra-virgin olive oil is preferred. Tablets contain no oil and are therefore less suitable as a form of administration for vitamin D.
– Is vitamin D3 used? Of the two forms of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3, vitamin D3 wins on strength. Moreover, this is also the form that occurs naturally in our body. This does not apply to vitamin D2.
– Are the vitamin D3 products available in a flexible dosage? The amount of vitamin D we need varies throughout the year. In the winter it is best to take 75 micrograms extra, in the summer 25 micrograms is sufficient as a maintenance dose. Therefore, we offer supplements with 25 and 75 micrograms of vitamin D. An even greater flexibility can be achieved with Vitamin D drops. These contain 5 micrograms of vitamin D per drop and are easy to use in salads, for example.
– Label reading for the advanced: When it comes to vitamin D3 supplements, always pay attention to how many ingredients and especially which ingredients they contain. Rule of thumb: the fewer ingredients, the better. In addition, always choose olive oil as the fat base and avoid sunflower oil, which contains too many omega-6 fatty acids. Also, always ask yourself whether the excipients you use are really necessary. Is silicon dioxide important for your body? Do you really need all those added sugars? Sucrose and dextrose are label code for unnecessarily added sugars.
– Other unnecessary substances: such as phosphates (for example: dicalcium phosphate). The drops are also a favourite because they are very easy to add in the desired dosage to all sorts of foods. For example in the dressing of a salad, in a smoothie or in a vegetable snack of young children. The drops consist of olive oil and therefore taste very neutral. Besides the vegetable vitamin D3, we do not add anything else to our vitamin D3 drops, so we stay close to nature. The drops are flexible in dosage and therefore suitable for the whole family.
Suitable for maintaining health
Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops are a basic product in the Bonusan range. It is intended for people who want to supplement their vitamin D in an easy and flexible manner. For example, because there is little exposure to ultraviolet radiation or because not enough vitamin D-rich food can be consumed. The drops can also be combined well with other supplements containing vitamin D.
Some people need more vitamin D than they can get from sunlight and food anyway. This applies to young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with a dark or tinted skin. At Bonusan, we also have vitamin D3 softgels with 15, 25 and 75 mcg vitamin D3. Bonusan Vitamin D3 drops are flexible in dosage and can be added to all kinds of liquid food, making them suitable for babies and young children.
More information about this product
Due to legislation on supplements we are unfortunately not allowed to provide (full) information on this product. For more information, we refer you to a knowledge institute for orthomolecular therapy.
For proper advice on supplements for your personal situation and possible medication, we advise you to consult a therapist.
SIZE: 30 ML
Does not contain: preservatives, GMOs, yeast, gluten, lactose, maize, soya, synthetic colourants, odourings or flavourings, added sucrose
Target group: BABIES CHILDREN
Composition per drop:
Vitamin D3 (as plant cholecalciferol, Vita-algae D3™) (200 IU)5 mcgRI 100%
INGREDIENTS (in descending order)
Virgin olive oil (Olea europaea), cholecalciferol.
Use: Unless otherwise recommended give babies and children up to 10 years 2 to 3 drops daily. Adults should take 3 to 5 drops per day. Preferably during meals. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Warnings >15 mcg is not suitable for children under 1 year of age. >20 mcg is not suitable for children under 10 years of age.
Storage advice Store in a dry place and at room temperature.
A varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle are important. Food supplements are no substitute for a varied diet.